Subject: Re: 1.5 netbsd installation on 4mb RAM machine
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Karim Forsthofer <kforstho@email2me.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/31/2005 22:59:37
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 09:34:07PM +0800, Karim Forsthofer wrote:
> > Now I cannot find slattach program after loading the bootdisk into RAM.
> > Where did the developers from the good old days put it?  It should be
> > shipped with the floppy, shouldn`t it? Without slattach, I have no idea
> > how to setup a nullmodem connection between my main machine and the
> > notebook.
>=20
> The install disks contain only what is strictly needed by sysinst (for a
> "normal" installation), to keep 'em small.  Try to untar the base.tgz set
> on another machine, and fetch it (and the necessary libraries) to your
> notebook with ftp.

he he... that`s the problem, no ftp, telnet, slip, plib possible without sl=
attach deamon. But I found it. They put only on the rescue disk for this ve=
rsion. I also found out that slattach on the 1.5 does not work.Slattach see=
ms to be the only program in /sbin /bin that does not respond when you try =
to execute it. that`s bad luck.

I tried out NetBSD 1.4 and it`s avaliable (and working) on the normal tiny-=
boot floppy. No problem with this one. So I will go one with 1.4

Greetings Karim=20

--=20

Email2me is probably the best email in the world. It is FREE.    http://www=
.email2me.com