Subject: 1.5 netbsd installation on 4mb RAM machine
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Karim Forsthofer <kforstho@email2me.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/31/2005 21:34:07
Hello guys

I didn`t get far with the netbsd 1.5 installation on my old notebook. The m=
achine has only 4 megs of ram and 170MB HD. No cdrom or nic avaliable.=20
The boot floppy image "boot-tiny" is the only one bootable, the others run =
out of memory ( I tried it).=20

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-archive/NetBSD-1.5/i386/installation=
/floppy/

Now I cannot find slattach program after loading the bootdisk into RAM. Whe=
re did the developers from the good old days put it?  It should be shipped =
with the floppy, shouldn`t it? Without slattach, I have no idea how to setu=
p a nullmodem connection between my main machine and the notebook.=20

Any suggestions?=20
Greetings=20
Karim=20

--=20