Subject: Re: Firefox plugins
To: Scott Crumpler <scrumpler@methylphreak.com>
From: Mike Pelley <mikepelley@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/29/2005 13:47:58
On 7/23/05, Scott Crumpler <scrumpler@methylphreak.com> wrote:
>    I'm having some problems getting the flash plugin for firefox to
> work.  I've installed  the firefox-bin-flash that's in pkgsrc but that
> apparently does nothing with firefox itself.  Is there some additional
> footwork I'm supposed to do?

I believe the firefox-bin-flash package only works with the
firefox-bin package (as opposed to the firefox package).  The
firefox-bin package will install a linux binary of firefox which is
compatible with the linux binary of Macromedia's flash plug-in.

If you are using the firefox package compiled from source the flash
plug-in won't work.

That said, I'm not currently running firefox on my NetBSD machine and
so I'm not sure I've got this right.  There appears to be very little
information regarding the firefox-bin-* packages and the reasons why
someone might choose the firefox-bin package over the firefox one.

Mike.