Subject: I will go on NetBSD 1.5
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Karim Forsthofer <kforstho@email2me.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/29/2005 20:24:23
Hello netbsd-users

Thanks for the replies. There seems to be a lot interest on this one. I wil=
l give version 1.5 a try, it was released in 2000. After reading your posts=
 and also release announcement from 1.2 up to 1.6 I decided for version 1.5=
. This is a good compromise between resource usage and recency I guess.=20
I`m confident that the OS will perform well on this small machine and that =
RAM will be enough for a generic kernel. After some configurations and syst=
em checks and can also build a custom kernel. There is no soundcard, no mou=
se or NIC on this notebook so the kernel will be damm small. I also found a=
n older sdcc version which fits to this release.=20
Any suggestions for the swap partition size?=20

I didn`t decided if I try floppy or Nullmodem installation, I have bough av=
aliable.=20
Give me some time, I will report back in a few days. Have not time today.=
=20

Greetings  Karim=20

--=20

Email2me is probably the best email in the world. It is FREE.    http://www=