Subject: Re: pkgsrc and update
To: Robert Cates <robert@kormar.net>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/26/2005 15:11:46
On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 03:05:45PM +0200, Robert Cates wrote:
> and now I do not know what all packages have been updated or deleted!!
> Funny thing is, I had just installed all of xorg yesterday!  I'm getting
> pretty angry at NetBSD and this pkgsrc problem!!

Start with "pkg_chk -g" to generate a list of the packages you had before.
Then remove the outdated ones with "pkg_ckh -r" and add them again with
"pkg_chk -ask" (or -abk if you want to use binary packages).  This way
packages are build only once, and you know what you're missing if something
fails.

GH