Subject: RE: pkgsrc and update
To: lama <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Cates <robert@kormar.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/26/2005 15:05:45
Well, so much for using 'pkg_chk'...  it was looking pretty good at first,
then it ended with this (and that's the same problem I was having when I did
a 'make update')...

===> Checking for vulnerabilities in xorg-libs-6.8.2nb1
`/usr/pkgsrc/x11/xorg-libs/work/.DDIR' is up to date.
===> Cleaning for xorg-dirs-1.1
===> Cleaning for libtool-base-1.5.18nb4
===> Cleaning for gmake-3.80nb4
===> Cleaning for xorg-imake-6.8.2nb1
===> Cleaning for expat-1.95.8nb2
===> Cleaning for freetype2-2.1.10
===> Cleaning for fontconfig-2.3.1nb1
===> Cleaning for xorg-libs-6.8.2nb1
===> Returning to build of Xft2-2.1.6nb1
===> Patching for Xft2-2.1.6nb1
===> Overriding tools for Xft2-2.1.6nb1
===> Creating toolchain wrappers for Xft2-2.1.6nb1
xorg-libs is not installed; can't buildlink files.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/fonts/Xft2
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/fonts/Xft2
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/fonts/Xft2
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/archivers/file-roller
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/archivers/file-roller
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/archivers/file-roller
** 'cd /usr/pkgsrc/archivers/file-roller && /usr/bin/make update
CLEANDEPENDS=yes' failed

and now I do not know what all packages have been updated or deleted!!
Funny thing is, I had just installed all of xorg yesterday!  I'm getting
pretty angry at NetBSD and this pkgsrc problem!!

-Robert