Subject: Re: I've just installed xorg, now what...
To: None <robert@kormar.net>
From: Lars Nordlund <lars.nordlund@hem.utfors.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/25/2005 23:21:43
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:01:07 +0200
"Robert Cates" <robert@kormar.net> wrote:

FWIW, I have a system running X.org from /usr/pkg/xorg and
no /usr/X11R6. Well, the X11R6 directory tree is recreated by some
makefile when following -current. But it does not contain any files.

This is basically what I did:

(in /etc/mk.conf)
X11_TYPE=xorg

I copied /etc/rc.d/xdm to /etc/rc.d/xorg and changed some paths in it
to point to /usr/pkg/xorg. After that I could do 'xorg=YES'
in /etc/rc.conf.

Change XAuthLocation in /etc/ssh/sshd_config to point to xorg/bin/xauth

Rebuild all X-using packages in pkgsrc so they link against xorg.

I had to patch /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/xpkgwedge/files/xpkgwedge.def to
make imake-using packages work. I wrote a PR about it (#30603).

I do not remember why I switched to xorg. Just wanted to try it, I
guess. I think the above steps are enough to take you there.

Best regards
	Lars Nordlund