Subject: Re: pkg_add and wget
To: None <hubertf@gmx.de>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/22/2005 10:10:43
On the last episode (Fri, 22 Jul 2005 00:26:52 +0200 (CEST)), Hubert
Feyrer <hubertf@gmx.de> said:

> In article <62686.127.0.0.1.1121976443.squirrel@webmail.tumfatig.net> you wrote:
> > Anyone knows if/how I can use wget with pkg_add ?
>
> You can't.
> If NetBSD's ftp(1) doesn't DTRT with interactive mode and proxy variables,
> that's worth the PR that was sent, and not a but in pkg_add.

you guessed my "why using wget" ;)

I thought I just set http_proxy and ftp_proxy the wrong way (ftp(1)
can't connect to FTP server behing a FW). Google is full of 'do it this
way' but I coulnd't reproduce... I tried with csh, ksh, with FTP_PROXY
and ftp_proxy, quoted or not, ... everything fails...

What is strange is that installing NetBSD via FTP trough proxy works
like a charm... Maybe I should look into the install process code to
see what I'm missing.

Anyway if wget can't be used either, I'll keep on doing things by hand
(aka, DL package with links and pkg_add locally). Not pretty but at
least, it works.