Subject: Re: pkg_add + wget?
To: None <kamils80@gmail.com>
From: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@apk.od.ua>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/21/2005 14:02:22
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:33:28 +0400
Kamil Shakirov <kamils80@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to install some binary packages being behind proxy but I didn't
>   succeed. I know about ftp_proxy and http_proxy and set them properly
> but  couldn't make the ftp client work for me. But wget works fine. Is
> there any way to make pkg_add work with wget? Thanks in advance!

AFAIK, no, you can't use wget for pkg_add, because all HTTP/FTP fetches
performed using internal routines (ftpio.c) and pkg_add didn't use any
external command (even nbftp) to retrive packages.

But I believe you may get it works via proxy. For example, if you have
HTTP proxy running at port 8080 on host proxy.local, just set the
mentioned variables to the following values:

	ftp_proxy=ftp://proxy.local:8080
	http_proxy=http://proxy.local:8080

Also, you may wish to use passive mode for ftp transfers. If so, set
the environment variable FTP_PASSIVE_MODE to some value ("yes", for
example).

Hope this helps.

--
Kind regards,