Subject: Re: AHA-2940 UW SCSI adapter problems?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org, port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/20/2005 08:20:53
On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 12:09:11AM +0200, Timo Schoeler wrote:
> don't remember anyone talking about money.

You did:

> ... -- plus enterprise class (!) hardware, not consumer-oriented
> l cheapo stuff.

So please provide an example of enterprise class hardware which can
deal with unit number conflicts.

> > Even enterprise class high end FCAL storage arrays get into big trouble
> > if they have broken disk on a loop.
> FCAL also was not mentioned (except by yourself).

So please provide an example of a SCSI technology (I considere FCAL as a
SCSI technology, too) which doesn't suffer from problems with a broken
device on the bus.

I guess the only one is Serial Attached SCSI which simply copied the P2P
concept from SATA.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/