Subject: Re: No support for Swiss keyboards in wscons?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Karsten Kruse <tecneeq@tecneeq.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/16/2005 09:04:17
Gilles Gravier wrote:

> With NetBSD 2.0.2 there is no possibility to configure a Swiss keyboard
> (French or German) for wscons.

Use this for swiss/german:
  wsconsctl -w encoding=sg

And this for swiss/french:
  wsconsctl -w encoding=sf

Note that you can load variants, like this:
  wsconsctl -w encoding=sg.nodead

Read pckbd(4) and wscons.conf(5) for details.

> Unfortunately, for simple text-administrated servers, it's not very
> convenient when you leave in the small neutral country.

You don't have to leave anything to get a proper keyboard layout with
NetBSD ;).

If you are interested, there are even more encodings and variants in this
file:

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/wscons/wsksymdef.h

Karsten Kruse

--