Subject: Re: pf and ftp-proxy
To: scalopus <scalopus@punkass.com>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/14/2005 22:54:54
On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 11:27:49PM +0200, scalopus wrote:
> Hi,
>   i am not sure if you have modified inetd, but you need to have
> the ftp-proxy daemon running if you want to use it in the pf.
> Add the following line to inetd.conf:
>
> 127.0.0.1:8021  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/ftp-proxy ftp-proxy

Unfortunately I already have, that is why the ftp-proxy wrote the
debug message. The fun since then is that of course the NetBSD ftp
client seems to work no matter what (with or without -A), so I use
the microsoft client, whose connection gets blocked by the antivirus
software(!) and the xp firewall. After all that I have a working setup
on the magic laptop, with a windows 95 client, but not on the desktop.
This is the same desktop for which ipf didn't work, and the same laptop
for which ipf did work. (What does Feature mask: 0x10a in ipf -V mean?)
(http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2005/07/07/0010.html
 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2005/07/08/0007.html)

> Good luck ;)

Thanks, I'll need it!