Subject: Re: /var CORRUPTED : remote fix ?
To: Asmodehn Shade <asmodehn@gmail.com>
From: Dieter Roelants <dieter.NetBSD@pandora.be>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/12/2005 07:47:37
On 07/12/05 08:52:27, Asmodehn Shade wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> I just had a weird network problem on a remote server, and after all
> the update I have done, my var got corrupted. Here is the "fsck -f
> /var" result :
>=20
> While /var is mounted I am unable to fix it as fsck access only to
> /dev/rsd0f which is read only. And when I try to unmount /var my
> systems hangs, and I have to get someone overseas to push the power
> button... and the raw reboot doesn't seem to fix that..

Asmodehn,
Can't you move var temporarily to somewhere else? If you don't have =20
free partitioning space, symlink or null mount it.

dieter

>=20
> Please help! I don't really know what to do...
>=20
> --
> Asmodehn
>=20

--=20
	For Speedy CVS Updates of your NetBSD trees check
		http://moon.vub.ac.be/scu
--
	There is virtue in doing the right thing just for
	the sake of doing it right.  -- Nicholas Petreley