Subject: /var CORRUPTED : remote fix ?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Asmodehn Shade <asmodehn@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/12/2005 18:52:27
Hi all,

I just had a weird network problem on a remote server, and after all
the update I have done, my var got corrupted. Here is the "fsck -f
/var" result :

** /dev/rsd0f (NO WRITE)
** Last Mounted on /var
** Phase 1 - Check Blocks and Sizes
INCORRECT BLOCK COUNT I=3D12103 (2 should be 0)
CORRECT? no

INCORRECT BLOCK COUNT I=3D12229 (2 should be 0)
CORRECT? no

INCORRECT BLOCK COUNT I=3D12276 (2 should be 0)
CORRECT? no

** Phase 2 - Check Pathnames
** Phase 3 - Check Connectivity
** Phase 4 - Check Reference Counts
** Phase 5 - Check Cyl groups
FREE BLK COUNT(S) WRONG IN SUPERBLK
SALVAGE? no

SUMMARY INFORMATION BAD
SALVAGE? no

BLK(S) MISSING IN BIT MAPS
SALVAGE? no

2793 files, 42878 used, 21890 free (346 frags, 2693 blocks, 0.5% fragmentat=
ion)

How can I fix that remotely (ssh) ? This computer is overseas, and
there is no way for me to get there and use the single user mode...

While /var is mounted I am unable to fix it as fsck access only to
/dev/rsd0f which is read only. And when I try to unmount /var my
systems hangs, and I have to get someone overseas to push the power
button... and the raw reboot doesn't seem to fix that..

Please help! I don't really know what to do...

--
Asmodehn