Subject: Re: Hello,I Need Help,NetBSD for Chinese
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Henry Nelson <netb@yuba.kcn.ne.jp>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/10/2005 18:40:45
On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 12:46:08PM +0900, Jorgen Lundman wrote:

First, thanks for all your hints and suggestions.  I'll be working on
them as I get time, especially compiling the shells you mention.

> With Japanese, first I did EUC, but now it's UTF-8 instead,

I never could get utf-8 to work as a locale.  My main systems are still
1.6.x; do I need to update to 2.0 or better?  Under /usr/share/locale
there is only en_US.UTF-8.  There was no ja_JP.UTF-8.  I tried en_US.UTF-8
anyway, but nothing seemed to work, so I went back to EUC.

> Finally, "ls" needs "-w".

Did you get a new ls, too?  My system says:
   % ls -w
   ls: unknown option -- w

--
henry nelson