Subject: Re: NetBSD -current, super lags with ssh
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/08/2005 09:37:43
On Jul 8, 2005, at 9:32 AM, Andy Ruhl wrote:

> The only reasonable explanation is some sort of network problem, like
> maybe your DNS isn't set like you believe it is? Did you try adding
> hosts entries for the heck of it?

I fiddled around for a while, watching the netowrk and double-checkin
everything, then I went out yesterday and bought a Linksys WRT54G (I
want to put on the OSS firmware).

The problem went away!

I'm not sure why, the MR814v2 was doing fine in another location,
plenty fast sshd, but something went awry.

I'm happier with the linksys, after reading about the Netgear
"secret" service passwords that aren't necessarily super secret.

Thanks for the replies- -current is working well on my Qube at this
time.  I'm afraid to update anything now :)

Brian