Subject: Re: acroread7 problems, possibly due to xorg
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/08/2005 08:20:26
On Friday 08 July 2005 06:06, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> >On Thu Jul 07, 2005 at 10:01:53AM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> >> Is anyone successfully using print/acroread7?  When I invoke it, I get
> >> a lot of gdkpixbuf errors such as these:
> >>
> >>   (acroread:8282): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Error loading XPM image loader:

> >I had the same issue on current with Xfree86.  I found that during a
> >postinstall of suse_gtk2-9.1nb3 there were errors and the following
> >file was either scrambled or not created:
> >
> >/usr/pkg/emul/linux/etc/opt/gnome/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders

Yes thats the actual problem.  For some reason (linux emulation problem?) this
file is not created properly on some (recent?) NetBSD's.  It worked for me on
2.99.10 and others confirmed it working on 2 while the people that have
problems seem to be on 3.0_BETA or current.

> Anyway, that has solved the gdk error message problem, but I'm still
> being told there are no fonts found, even after running
> 'fc-cache --force' (and the same for emul/linux.../fc-cache).

That may be an xorg only problem.  Try setting PSRESOURCEPATH explicitly to
the paths where your type1 and ttf fonts are.

cheers
mark