Subject: Re: How can I compile GNOME on x86 with NetBSD 2.0.2
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Ed Wensell III <ewensell3@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/06/2005 12:41:53
The problem is somehwere in gnome2-media (as someone else stated,
somewhere in the cdparanoia stuff, v 2.10.x).

A dirty workaround that worked for me, assuming you are using the gnome
meta-pkg, edit /usr/pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/gnome/Makefile and comment out the
line:

DEPENDS+=      gnome-media>=2.10.2:../../multimedia/gnome2-media

Gnome is completely usable (albeit no cd player and other media-related
wotsits) without it.

Alternately, you could comment the offending bits from gnome2-media's
Makefile (?? gst-plugins-cdparanoia ??). No big deal either way on a
non-multimedia-oriented system.

Further alternately, this has supposedly been fixed in the main Gnome2
sources. Could try building from them rather than pkgsrc.

PS - PR #30139 -
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=30139

--- Gilles Gravier <Gilles@Gravier.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Compiling Gnome (/usr/pkgsrc/meta-packages/gnome) fails when reaching
> the media bits because of a missing "lrint".
>
> This, I understand, means that Gnome pretty much isn't supported on
> NetBSD on x86 platforms?
>
> Or am I missing something?
>
> Is this planned to be fixed? When?
>
> And... what is "lrint"? Where is it, in NetBSD (2.x)?
>
> Thanks,
> Gilles.

Yahoo! Mail for Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail