Subject: Re: NetBSD install fails on ASUS K8S-MX motherboard/AMD Athlon 2800+
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/05/2005 09:47:23
Is this the SATA device? Sorry, I've not paid attention, but something in the
title caught my attention.

We had a similar problem with another ASUS card, that had onboard SATA that just
would not work.

It turns out the device wanted INTx emulation, which NetBSD (Didn't) support.
But adding a patch to disable it, and it worked.

Something like:

siside.c:
         pciide_common_attach(sc, pa,
             pciide_lookup_product(pa->pa_id, pciide_sis_products));

         csr = pci_conf_read(pc, tag, PCI_COMMAND_STATUS_REG); //XX
         printf("%s: CSR = %x\n",//XX
                    sc->sc_wdcdev.sc_atac.atac_dev.dv_xname, csr);//XX

         if (csr & 0x400) { //XX
                 csr &= ~0x400; //XX
                 pci_conf_write(pc, tag, PCI_COMMAND_STATUS_REG, csr);//XX
                 printf("%s: attempting to drop INTx emulation\n",//XX
                            sc->sc_wdcdev.sc_atac.atac_dev.dv_xname);//XX
         }//XX

But, your problem is probably nothing to do with this and I just added noise,
for which I apologise. :)

Lund

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lundman@lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)