Subject: Re: vi and xterm
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Mike Parson <mparson@bl.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/04/2005 16:40:28
On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 10:49:12PM +0200, Petar Bogdanovic wrote:
> Mike Parson wrote:
>> The vi-keys are the vi-keys cuz that's where the arrows were on the
>> terminal Bill Joy was using at the time he wrote it (adm3).
>
> I can't see any arrows on the 'h', 'j', 'k' & 'l' of the adm3[1].

Hard to see much of anything in that picture.

But you're gonna have to take my word on this, I've seen one, they
do have arrows on those 4 keys.  The computer museum at the Goodwill
Computer Store in Austin used to have one on display, I've not been by
in a while to see if they've opened it back up at their new location
just yet.

Ah, here's more info:

http://www.tentacle.franken.de/adm3a/

And a picture: