Subject: Re: Hello,I Need Help,NetBSD for Chinese
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/04/2005 13:07:22
On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 11:16:35AM +0800, skysbird wrote:
> Thanks for your help,and now I have a chinese Gnome(KDE)on my NetBSD. But my
> files in chinese name are too many in my Windows Disk, I cannot change their
> name's code to ascii or utf-8 one by one. I hope someone can tell me whether
> there is a tool like gbfs support in Freebsd in NetBSD now.

Is your Windows disk NTFS? I thought NTFS always used Unicode UCS-2
for filenames, and NetBSD automatically converts it to UTF-8. And
aren't the long filenames in VFAT UCS-2 also?
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 29 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++