Subject: Re: [2.0.2/i386] Install without sysinst : single-user mode? sysinst?
To: None <>
From: Sylvain Briole <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/28/2005 15:27:11
Hi Dan,

>> I am also looking for informations about sysinst, in order to
>> automatize my installations, e.g. how to track the commands given by sysinst
>> during an installation or what are the modified/created files (e.g. to select
>> a password encryption scheme, disklabels definitions, ...).
> Run sysinst, then "Utilities" , then "Logging functions", then
> "Logging" on, then
> "Scripting" On",  this will produce a files sysinst.log and

Thank you very much, it is exactly what I was looking for?
I missed this possibility : is there anywhere a good documentation about sysinst?
(I have searched manpage, not found, and the following URL is not very helpful : )

Now, I have to try with these URLs to replace the sysinst script in dot.profile
to build my own boot/install CD :