Subject: Install on to usb memory stick? [Was: Install from usb memory
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <>
From: Michael Smith <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/17/2005 04:57:08
Here is a somewhat related question.

I have a USB memory storage device with a built in MP3 player. These
devices are commonly bought from swap meets here in Australia for 60-100
AUD depending on capacity. It has a menu option to upgrade firmware from
a file, so theoretically the firmware could be replaced by something

Could NetBSD be installed to actually run on a device like this? I
already have one opinion suggesting that the answer is no: the MP3
decoder is implemented in hardware and the CPU is too small to run BSD.
But I am still interested in any other ideas on the subject.
Michael Smith
Network Applications   | +61 (0) 416 062 898
Web Hosting          | Internet Services