Subject: building current
To: NetBSD Users <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/05/2005 12:31:05
I have recently installed netbsd onto my laptop.  I have been trying
to update my system to current.  But when I am compiling the userland
the fails.  I want to make sure I am doing this correctly.

1) UPDATE /usr/src:  I have tried both cvs and cvsup=20
2) compile tools: in /usr/src "./ tools"
3) compile kernel:  in /usr/src "./ kernel=3DGENERIC_LAPTOP"
4) install kernel:  in he compiled GENERIC_LAPTOP directory "make
install" and restart

I get this far fine and the booted up kernel is 3.99.5=20

5) compile the userland:  in /usr/src "./ -U -D
/usr/i386build/ distribution"
6) install compiled userland:  in /usr/src "./ -U -D
/usr/i386build/ install=3D/"

step 5 is where I run into trouble
the compile fails.  everyday i keep updating the src and everyday
attempt to compile, but no success yet for over a week....

am I not doing this correct?