Subject: Re: multiple wireless profiles?
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/27/2005 13:25:52
In message <baf4755505052708454395b93a@mail.gmail.com>, Tomoki NetBSD Mailing L
ists writes:
>I travel alot and access many different wireless networks with
>different ssid and wep key combinations.  Under windows I am able to
>register all of the configurations so that it will try them in order
>until it finds the right one.
>
>Is there a way to do this under netbsd.  right now I am resetting the
>configuration each time.

Depends on what you want to do.  One of the easiest ways is to put
different profiles in your dhclient.conf file:

Here's an (edited) excerpt from mine:

interface "ath0" {
       media "nwid 'Columbia University' -nwkey media autoselect";
       media "nwid WiFi nwkey secret mode 11b";
       media "nwid co_presidents_club -nwkey media autoselect";
       media "nwid hhonors -nwkey mode 11b";
       media "nwid '' -nwkey mode 11b";
}