Subject: Re: Migrating from FreeBSD to NetBSD: general questions
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/25/2005 23:45:32
On Wed, 25 May 2005, Andy Ruhl wrote:

> 1.

[answered by others]

> 2. I've searched on this one and I'm not sure if it's possible. I'm
> looking for a sysctl or some other way to disable inet6 without
> recompiling.

No, which is somewhat unfortunate.

If you don't configure any explicit interface addresses for v6, you
shouldn't have to worry about unexpected network open holes.

> 3. Is there a way to turn on and off multi cpu support without a
> recompile?

No, but newer NetBSD versions ship with both a GENERIC and a GENERIC.MP pair
of all-encompassing kernels to choose from as you see fit.

Eventually, you'll want to roll your own, but this should work as a
blunt-instrument switch of similar effect.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>