Subject: Re: Is netbsd-2 considered "current"
To: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/18/2005 09:59:30
Am 17.05.2005 um 22:19 Uhr -0400 schrieb Louis  Guillaume:
>If netbsd-2 is not considered stable, the issues in kern/25702 are
>very serious. This would mean that we don't have a stable NetBSD 2.x
>that can be used for a firewall.
>
>Should I be considering going back to 1.6.2?

ipfilter's ftp proxy is still broken even in netbsd-3 (which, IIRC,
has the same ipfilter version as -current). If you need that
functionality, you could either switch to netbsd-3 and use the
/usr/libexec/ftp-proxy (I have not tried it myself), or go back to
netbsd-1-6.

Since netbsd-1-6 appears to be the last 'de facto' stable release on
mac68k, I'd recommend using that for now.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik