Subject: Re: Crosscompiling error in i386 linux host
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: John Clark <jclark@metricsystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/17/2005 14:02:54
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

>On Tue, 17 May 2005, John Clark wrote:
>

>>export INFOPATH=/usr/share/info
>>

>Was INFOPATH already predefined in your environment? (I need to look at
>your PR.) I do many NetBSD builds using Linux host.

In my system the file:

/etc/profile.env

has:

INFODIR='/usr/share/info:/usr/X11R6/info'
INFOPATH='/usr/share/info:/usr/share/gcc-data/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3/info'

These are read in by the login invocation of bash, from:

/etc/profile

which has:

if [ -e "/etc/profile.env" ]
then
    . /etc/profile.env
fi

----------

Now that I've reviewed this, perhaps it is:

INFODIR

That's the offending environment variable, because in my failure the
info path name included the '/usr/X11R6/info' portion of the string.

I tend to let windows hang around and re-use them for the specific
build activities. So I may have changed the environment in that NetBSD build
window, and not though much about it since.
(As a note, I've changed the file /etc/profile.env, to not set the
INFODIR variable
with anything but, '/usr/share/info', so I won't have to deal with this
again... hopefully.)

As a note, I inherited this system from the previous employee and so I
don't kno
exactly what was setup and why in some cases. The installation is based
on the
GenToo distribution, and that has caused a lot of problems when I built
the GNURadio
package.

John Clark