Subject: Re: pkgsrc branch vs. current?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/10/2005 14:05:13
--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

"Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@cs.columbia.edu> wrote:
=20
> But they aren't always there.  For example, for a while -- a few weeks, I
> think -- the head has had a fixed ImageMagick, 6.2.2.0.  But pkgsrc-2005Q1
> has 6.2.0.4, which has a heap overflow.  I've seen other examples in=20
> the past.

Whenever this happens and you notice it, please send a message to the
developer who committed the fix to pkgsrc HEAD to request a pullup.
Developers should do so anyway, but it's easy to forget, and without
pullup requests, pkgsrc-releng can't, well, pull up the change.

As for binary packages, one of the problems is that we have very few
dedicated bulk-build resources that perform continual bulk-builds and
uploads that would ensure that fixed packages are uploaded in a timely
manner.

All of this would of course best be discussed on tech-pkg, me thinks.
:-)

-Jan

--=20
Defending Freedom in the Digital World: