Subject: UVSCAN issues
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Maier <jmaier@midamerica.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/06/2005 08:09:50
In an effort to lessen the flow of Sober.O I setup amavis using the pkg
system, and all went well and everything was working.

I then updated the DAT and now am getting
"Missing or invalid DAT:  /usr/pkg/libexec/uvscan/tmp/scan.dat"

When I put the stock old DATs back in place, it works again.

The big difference off hand is the new scan.dat is 4,985,434 bytes where the
old scan.dat is 2,256,601 bytes.

From what I can tell there are three possible reasons for this.
1) The uvscan cannot use the newer DATs, but from examining the update.ini
and readme.txt this seems unlikely.
2) Linux emulation is somehow limiting the size of the DATs (file
limitation?) that uvscan can open. (I'm running NetBSD i386 2.0.2)
3) The is a glitch in the current DAT that is making uvscan unable to read
it.

No big deal, I'm just wanting to clear out some unwanted email and thought
this to be odd.  I've used uvscan and amavis on my last workstation till Dec
'05, when I did a reinstall...

I'm just currious if anyone else is seeing this.

jam