Subject: do I need a replacement for libdl?
To: NetBSD <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ezequiel Reyes <ezequiel.reyes@newhotel.co.cu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/03/2005 20:01:31
Hi,
I am trying to configure a project for NetBSD that was not previously ported
(as far as I know) to the platform. The problem is it asks for libdl, I
library I thinks comes from Linux, it seems it uses a flag: -ldl in its
makefile that needs this library. However I searched the net and found the
following:

" i have sources for program that has -ldl present in the library flags in
the makefile. it seemed for me from the information on the web that this
is not needed in netbsd anymore, since it is automatically handled by
dlsym."

The question is, in cases concerning this library (and/or flag), should I
remove the flag or go for a replacement library in NetBSD?