Subject: Re: Re: xdm on machine w/o screen/keyboard/mouse
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/29/2005 22:12:49
--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

On Fri, Apr 29 2005 - 16:06, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> In message <20050429195309.GA19680@atheria.tumfatig.net>, Joel CARNAT wri=
tes:

> >--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >I decided to try to connect to my firewall using xdm/Xnest.
> >My FW has no screen, no keyboard, no mouse connected.
> >I boot it with serial console enabled.
> >
>=20
> I'm confused -- if you have no screen, why are you trying to run xdm?
>=20

 Well the idea is :
- run xdm on the firewall.
- use Xnest (on my workstation) to start graphical stuff.

 I used to "ssh -X FW app" but since I upgraded my workstation to
netbsd-3 / xfree 4.5.0, some app got errors... un-tarring old xfree
version don't correct it.
 That's why I wanted to try the Xnest/xdm way.

--=20
,- This mail runs ------.
`--------- NetBSD/i386 -'

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4