Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0.1 freezes during heavy disk load (ioflush)
To: Matthias Petermann <matthias.petermann@bsd-crew.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/20/2005 21:57:04
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Matthias Petermann wrote:

> I just noticed some uncomfortablly behavior of NetBSD/i386 2.0.1
> during writing a lot of small files to disc.

I see this via RAIDframe only... my 2.0.x box without aRAID array doesn't
seem to have this problem, or at least I haven't been able to reproduce it
there.

Are you using RAIDframe, ccd, vnd, or cgd?  (I'm wondering if this has
something to do with abstracting back the block devices, thus putting
additional buffer layers in between the fs and the physical device.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>