Subject: Re: NetBSD/Xen 2.0.2 kernel image?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/20/2005 15:18:09
On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 02:43:09PM +1000, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
|On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 09:29:05PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
||But the Xen howto did mention about "XEN0 kernel provided as part of
||the i386 binaries". I do have that for -current (as of a few days ago)
||at:
|
|aah ... OK, ta, might try that with 2.0.2 userland and see how I go s a
|atest ...

*bzzzt!* ... didn't even complete booting and died in the debugger in
very short order ...

I should point out at this time that the i386 'hardware' that I'm using
is actually a VirtualPC instance running under Mac OSX 10.3.9 ... I'm
wanting to set it up on real hardware but at the moment I have none
available to test it with ... was hoping to iron out the showstoppers
and learn on a VM image which I could then base the real one on ...

I'm surprised that Xen itself doesn't appear to make any noise on start
at all - is this normal? I see a small amount of information from what
looks like grub before it launches Xen, then just the NetBSD banners.

Would the crash dump be useful to anyone? Unfortunately I haven't worked
out how to get the 'serial' port under VirtualPC functioning yet, so I
only have some incomplete screen dumps ...

--
Malcolm Herbert                                    System Administrator
ph [990] 54881 rm 28-241                          School of GeoSciences