Subject: NetBSD/Xen 2.0.2 kernel image?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/19/2005 12:56:01
I'm attempting to put together a 2.0.2 system with the Xen hyperthreaded
kernel running the show and NetBSD/Xen as the guest OS ...

I've been following the Xen HOWTO[1] and seem to have things running up
to the point of gettung grub running ... now I need the NetBSD kernel
compiled to run under Xen, however I don't seem to be able to find it.

It's mentioned thusly:

  'You'll then need a NetBSD/Xen kernel for domain0 on your root
  file system. The XEN0 kernel provided as part of the i386 binaries
  is suitable for this, but you may want to customise it. Keep your
  NetBSD/i386 kernel around, it can be useful for recovery.'

I have downloaded the both the i386 and source .iso images for 2.0.2 and
can't find either a pre-compiled version nor an appropriate config file
inside syssrc.tgz to create one myself ...

Can someone give me a pointer either to a pre-compiled NetBSD/Xen kernel
or a config file that would allow me to do the same?

Thanks

[1] http://netbsd.org/Ports/xen/howto.html

--
Malcolm Herbert                                    System Administrator
ph [990] 54881 rm 28-241                          School of GeoSciences