Subject: NetBSD 2.0 keyboard freeze at login prompt
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sai Krishnamurthy <sai@equallogic.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/13/2005 22:50:00

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5409C.A6A3517F

Hi all,

=20

            I am a newbie to NetBSD. I had been using my NetBSD box
passively by telneting into it for some time. When the system is booted,
the keyboard will work only for a short time during the initial boot
process and stops working after that. The console waits at the login
prompt and I just can't type in anything. I ended up changing some
network configuration file and now I cannot telnet anymore. I read
somewhere about serial consoles. Will it help connecting a serial
console to my system ??. If so, could someone tell me how to go about
configuring this ??. Remember that the only time keyboard works is when
entering initial netbsd boot options. I even tried bringing up the
system in single user mode. In that case, the keyboard freezes again and
won't let me type the default shell to be used. The system is a Dell
dimension desktop with USB keyboard and mouse (no PS2 support in
motherboard). The version of NetBSD I am using is 2.0.

=20

I appreciate your help..

=20

Thanks,

Sai.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5409C.A6A3517F

<head>
charset=3Dus-ascii">

<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{font-family:Arial;
	color:windowtext;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp; I
am a newbie to NetBSD. I had been using my NetBSD box passively by =
telneting
into it for some time. When the system is booted, the keyboard will work =
only
for a short time during the initial boot process and stops working after =
that. The
console waits at the login prompt and I just can&#8217;t type in =
anything. I
ended up changing some network configuration file and now I cannot =
telnet
anymore. I read somewhere about serial consoles. Will it help connecting =
serial console to my system ??. If so, could someone tell me how to go =
about
configuring this ??. Remember that the only time keyboard works is when
entering initial netbsd boot options. I even tried bringing up the =
system in
single user mode. In that case, the keyboard freezes again and =
won&#8217;t let