Subject: Updating a stable machine without a local build
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/06/2005 01:01:14
   There's a nice doc at www.netbsd.org on how to update a machine's
installed OS.  And, I've done this many times on my build machines.

   However, I have a production machine that doesn't have a bunch of
extra disk space, and is *much* slower than the dev/build machines I
do most of my building on.

   Is there a procedure documented somewhere to run a "build.sh
distribution" (or "release") on a fast machine, then take the bits that
are built and get them all installed, with fixinstall or something like
it
to check everything, or the like?

   Has anyone made a process for this?  Or do people just build the
whole thing on the machine in question most of the time?

   Thanks...

                                 - Chris