Subject: Re: netbsd 2.0 no operating system
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/04/2005 21:58:25
On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 10:38:41PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 10:08:52PM +0200, Oliver Fuchs wrote:
> > That is my problem - I cannot do that:
> > boot wd1a:
> > 	booting wd1a:netbsd
> > 	open wd1a:: Device not configured
> > 	boot: wd1a:netbsd: Device not configured

You've got something funny in you BIOS setup.

The bios normally boots by reading sector 0 of the first disk (bios disk
0x80 in bios calls) and executing that code.  Pressing F5 on the 1.6
netbsd bootselect code would have done the same thing, F6 would have
read sector 0 of disk 0x81 etc (F1 and F2 do the same with the netbsd 2.0
bootsel code).

However you've said that pressing F5 caused windows to boot - which makes
it look like the bootselect code had been read from somewhere else.
Have you set an unusual boot order? or disabled one of the disks?

> Could you boot the install media, go to the utility menu and start
> a shell

Or just type ^C and exit sysinst

> - then show us the output of
>
>   disklabel wd1