Subject: Re: -key "introduction"
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
From: John Clark <jclark@metricsystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/01/2005 10:18:48
Johnny Billquist wrote:

>makes sense. It's just the f*cking PC keyboard (damn IBM to hell) who
>decided to place another key on the keyboard, at an odd place, and label
>that key DELETE that started the confusion. (We will probably never be
>able to fully grasp how much the IBM PC set back evolution...)

Since we're trundling down memory lane, is it too late to register a
complaint about the vt52/vt100
key layout, where the delete (or backspace) keys are small and easily
missed for the surrounding
keys... at least the PC has a big 'backspace' key (however the
functionality is defined...).

My vt102 was still operational as of a few years ago, but it's been in
the Clark Museum of
Obsolete Technology for some time now, right next to my Apple Lisa... if
there was ever
an Edsel of Computers...