Subject: Re: Resource needs
To: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
From: Chris Wareham <chriswareham@chriswareham.demon.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/01/2005 14:10:05
Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:

> I would to know answer to the questions: "NetBSD 2.0 seems to want much more
> memory than Linux with kernel 2.2.26. 1) Is is true - or perhaps I need to fix
> something? 2) If is it true - what I'm getting in return?"
>
> That's all.

What do you intend to use the system for? If it's not something where
security is critical, then NetBSD 1.5 may be a viable (but unsupported)
option. It performs very well on low spec hardware, and is broadly
similar in features to Linux 2.2.x. The 1.6 release is still supported,
and may also be more suitable for your needs than 2.0.

Chris
--
One is not superior merely because one sees the world as odious.
                    Chateaubriand (1768-1848)