Subject: Re: XFCE on NetBSD (newbie)
To: Fernando y Yohara <fvillalo@pa.inter.net>
From: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/01/2005 10:04:02
Fernando y Yohara schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I installed NetBSD 2.0 in a old PC I had laying around (PIII @ 1GHZ,
> 128MB & 10GB HD, ATI AGP chipset), downloaded the pkgsrc.tar.gz and un
> packed it.  I tried installing the xfce4 package from source by doing
> the make install procedure.  No luck.  A lot of compilation lines went
> thru the screen but at the end I could not run startxfce as there was none.
>
> Is there a problem with the NetBSD package?
>
> Fernando

Hola Fernando,

You should use an already compiled binary package. It's easier and far
more comfortable.
You can find XFCE4 here:
ftp://ftp4.de.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/2.0/i386/All/xfce4-4.0.6nb1.tgz
This will install all necessary packages like xfce4-mcs-manager etc.
You should set your Environment Variable if you wish this to be done
automatically via the internet.
$ export PKG_PATH=ftp://ftp4.de.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/2.0/i386/All

You should use your local Mirror in your case.
To find an appropriate Mirror follow this Link:
http://www.de.netbsd.org/mirrors/

Regards, Zafer.