Subject: Re: -key "introduction"
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/30/2005 00:39:28
On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 04:43:03PM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> I also see both giving ^? (that is, \177) on a PS2 keyboard and on my
> laptop.  I have a USB keyboard at home; I'll see what it gives.)

Yes, you're right. Now we can see, that in text mode console, currently both
keys are giving the same code, and the terminal setting is "replacing" that
code with <Control>-<H>, which in the end gives <Backspace>...

And yes, the keys seem to be distinguished by the shell from within XTerm -
when made such try from root-XTerm window, pressing the keys gave the codes:
^H and  ^[[3~

But still there's a problem with the text mode console...
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski