Subject: Re: -key "introduction"
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/29/2005 19:13:59
On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 11:31:19AM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> I don't understand what you're complaining about.  On the console, I
> can easily see that backspace generates ^H and delete generates ^?.
> Whether your shell or applications are configured to treat these the
> same way is hardly a problem that wscons should try to solve.

But it's not "my" shell - it's a shell found on the NetBSD CD (every shell
I tried: c, sh, bash, tcsh - not tried zsh nor ksh). So, what should I do,
to make the shell (and applications) differentiate among "backspace" and
"delete"? Currently I've got two "backspace" keys.

As I wrote, I'm interested in general, system- and applications-wide
solution, not in workarounds like: "in the xtermrc you should wrote... in
joerc file there should be...". I don't have to write such things to several
separate files just to obtain a letter "a" on the screen by pressing key
marked with "A" - at the commandline, in the xterm-windows, while using
application... and so should be in the case of <Delete>-key (currently:
"additional <Backspace>"). Not found any solution in FAQ. Solution "for X11
only" isn't enough.
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski