Subject: Re: -key "introduction"
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Inter-Spider <info@ispid.com.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/29/2005 11:51:05
On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 09:08:05PM -0600, Richard Rauch wrote:

> What's wrong with using KS_BackSpace and KS_Delete (both already
> are in my /usr/include/dev/wscons/wsksymdef.h)?

Did I miss something? I'm trying NetBSD 2.0 ("stable"). Are you using the
same version?

I couldn't persuade <Delete> to be different than <BackSpace> in any other
way (with wsconsctl), than adding new symbol, which allows <Delete> to send
<Control>-<D> code.

> I agree that for those who want to distinguish BS and DEL keys,
> this should be possible.  If you can't do it without adding a
> keysymbol, then I'd be in favor of adding a keysymbol.  But it
> looks to me like the support is already there.

Is it possible to add the "normal" <Delete> functionality just using
wsconsctl, like I wrote in my previous message? How should I make it
- will it be:    wsconsctl -w map+="keycode 211 = BackSpace"? Does the
<Delete> key working after such incantation in its "proper" way?
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski