Subject: Re: pkgsrc update procedures
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/24/2005 10:44:36
On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 06:00:44PM +0100, Sascha Retzki wrote:
> So you have another target, "update-tree", that rebuilds all programs
> depend on gtk, and link to the new gtk. if nothing fails, delete the
> old gtk, install all the new stuff. The "tree" has been updated.
[snip]
> Is there already progress into that direction?

pkgtools/pkg_comp gives you a chroot sandbox in which to build new
packages.

I'm still desparately wishing for better integration of pkg_chk,
lintpkgsrc, and pkg_comp, but I guess that's a better discussion for
tech-pkg@netbsd.org.  (:

    The United States is the one true country.  The US is just.  The US
    is fair.  The US respects its citizens.  The US loves you.  We have
    always been at war against terrorism.