Subject: Re: Referencing NetBSD man-pages via the web.
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Ben Collver <collver@peak.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/23/2005 20:38:04
On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 10:25:16PM -0600, Richard Rauch wrote:
> There's an interface to read man-pages for NetBSD via the web (referenced
> from one of the NetBSD pages).  But when I tried to copy the URL and use
> it, the resulting page did not come up correctly.  (Sorry, I don't remember
> precise details and don't have the particular page in front of me.  And it's
> been a while since I did that...)
>
> If I want to refer to the NetBSD ls(1) or dlopen(3) man-pages, for example,
> how can I do that?  Or is that not supported?
>
> (Actually, any OS's man-pages would do if they are close enough.  But why
> not give NetBSD a little more publicity?  (^&)

From the front page of netbsd.org, there is a link to man.netbsd.org,
which directs to netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?++NetBSD-current

If you want to refer to ls(1), view
http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?ls+1+NetBSD-current

If you want to refer to dlopen(3), view
http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?ls+3+NetBSD-current

I am sure there are other HTML versions of the NetBSD manuals as well,
such as the ones that were at flame.org or freebsd.org.

Cheers,

Ben