Subject: Re: Why is my RAM Frying?
To: David Shaw <dave.shaw@gmail.com>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@incubus.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/16/2005 01:12:39
David Shaw wrote:

> running under the PSU... could have been a cheap product, but I'm
> weary of pinpointing the problem too soon.

have you tried reseating the dimms?
cleaning the contacts with a soft cloth might help also.

if the RAM worked fine in the "gaming machine" configuration, I very
much doubt it's faulty.  my tests with doom3 and mismatched memory dimms
resulted in record speed very reliable "fault detection" (i.e., crashes
and freezes after no more than a couple minutes) while windoze itself
seemed to run fine for hours without any apparent problems.

mkb.