Subject: Re: New Documentation: Encrypted CDs/DVDs
To: Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/15/2005 13:57:25
[ On Sunday, March 13, 2005 at 13:30:18 (+0100), Florian Stoehr wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: New Documentation: Encrypted CDs/DVDs
>
> Configuring the cgd with a random-key (as Alan suggested) and dding
> /dev/zero to this is the best solution *IF* you want to fill up the image
> and you always want to write a full image, I agree.

I'm certainly not a crypto expert, but won't there be some (enough)
sectors that were sure to have been untouched otherwise and thus which
an attacker can assume to have been filled with encrypted zeros and, if
so, will this make it any easier to attack the CGD key?

--
						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098  W:+1 416 489-5852 x122  VE3TCP  RoboHack <woods@robohack.ca>