Subject: Re: how to setup xinerama
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/15/2005 14:23:15
In article <1110868101.42368085777ab@webmail.nmsu.edu>,
	Co Thai Ngo <cngo@nmsu.edu> writes:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying setup xinerama on my computer, that has one Matrox MGA G200 AGP
> videl card with 4 outputs. Two monitors are connected to 2 of 4 outputs. My
> computer runs NetBSD-2.0.

mga(4) says:

  Support for the second head on G400 cards requires a binary-only
  "mga_hal" module that  is  available  from Matrox
  <http://www.matrox.com>, and may be on the CD supplied with the card.

With any luck, it'll load automatically after you drop it into
"/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/" and restart the X server, or you might
have to generate a new XF86Config file. [I've looked into this, because I
have an MGA550, but I've never gotten around to adding a second monitor.]

--
Frederick