Subject: Re: Why is my RAM Frying?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/14/2005 23:56:20
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 02:26:09PM -0700, Rick Kelly wrote:
> > David Shaw said:
> >
> > >I'm having a very weird problem on my NetBSD servers. My RAM seems to
> > >be frying. Two separate servers have had RAM fried (they both fail
> > >memtest now). The only thing the two servers shared were the hdd (I
> > >took it from the first server when it died, and moved it to the new
> > >one) and the power strip (it's behind three separate surge
> > >protectors). The hdd is running NetBSD 2.0...
> >
> > Are you (or rather were you) able to monitor system tmeperatures with
> > envstat? You would need to build a new kernel to support the correct
> > env chip.
>
> Or install mbmon from pkgsrc

I installed mbmon on some machines, but on none machine (dell, compaq,
clone) it seems to work:

No Hardware Monitor found!!
InitMBInfo: Unknown error: 0

Any other suggestions how to monitor temps? Trying envstat doesn't seem to
work here either, is that because my systems aren't supported or because
im doing things wrong here? Any other progs that might yield system info
that might work?
Bye,

Mipam.